Aug. 6, 2019 - Arpan Shah, Imerys’ expert for foundry in India, introduced a new product at the occasion of IFEX 2019 which opened its doors January 18th 2019.
This new special sand for sensitive core design, IRM069 was developed for the Investment Casting market. IRM069 is a new special sand designed to meet high technical core requirements such as intricate shape where flowability and compaction are key. It makes IRM069 a blend which is a suitable alternative for chromite and zircon sands and may be used for core shooting machines and all types of binder systems.
Its key properties are:
· High flowability: far better than silica sand & chromite facilitating reduction of shooting pressure.
· Very high compaction: far better than usual beads, chromite and silica sand
· Good gas permeability, similar to silica sand or chromite – AFS55
· High refractoriness: more than 53% Al2O3
· Good bending strength, suitable for cold box, corning and inorganic
· Low thermal expansion: 100% anti-veining and high dimension accuracy
· Bulk density at 1.65kg/dm3, far lower than chromite